Sunday, November 9, 2008

Flowers for Jesus

Photobucket


I just created a crocheted flower that I will make with leftover yarn. I haven't yet decided whether to join them together into an afghan as is, or make them into squares before joining. I might do some of both. Here is the pattern for your personal use or to donate only, not to be copied or sold.

Freely given so that you may freely give.

Worsted weight yarn
Hook, H8 5.0mm
Measures 4.5 inches

Ch. 5, join with sl st to form ring.
1) Ch. 2 (1st dc), 15 dc's in ring. 16 dc's.
2) Ch. 5, sk 1 st, sl in next st. Repeat around. 8 ch. loops
3) 6 sc's in ea. ch. loop around. Fasten off.

I'm guessing that it takes about 5 yds. of yarn for each flower. Feel free to comment if you have taken a precise measurement. I can't wait to see what an afghan will look like with these!

No comments: